Glen A. Bellinger
Glen Bellinger offers clients nearly 35 years of experience as a lawyer, having a concentration in real estate, corporate and securities law. In his law practice, Bellinger works closely with his clients and counsels them on business structure, business formation, equity and debt funding, tax and general business matters. In addition to his law practice, Bellinger has invested in and secured funds for several emerging businesses, assists and advises them in their equity and debt offerings and growth plans, and serves as a member of the board of several companies.
Glen Bellinger is licensed to practice law in both Texas and Missouri. He also is a certified public accountant (CPA).
Before co-founding Bellinger & DeWolf, Bellinger worked nine years with Arter & Hadden, then a major national law firm for which he was a partner. While there, he specialized in real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions. He developed a particular expertise with complex commercial, retail and residential real estate development transactions. Before practicing law, he practiced as a CPA for over three years in the St. Louis office of Arthur Young, now known as Ernst & Young. During that time, he worked extensively with emerging businesses and in mergers and acquisitions.
- Represents several major national, regional and local companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region and throughout Texas in all real estate, business and litigation matters.
- Propose, structure and document stock merger and asset acquisition transactions for businesses in various industries. Work includes standardizing alternative acquisition and merger documents to create significant efficiencies and cost savings for the client, as well as performing due diligence reviews of the assets and operations of the seller.
- Propose, structure and document private placements of securities for technology, real estate, manufacturing and other types of businesses including offshore exempt securities offerings which are sold primarily in Canada and Europe.
- Counsel clients on various aspects relating to general business matters including labor, business, tax and contract matters.
- Prepare, negotiate, systemize and streamline acquisition and disposition documents as well as perform reviews of all zoning, utility, title, survey and environmental aspects relating to raw land and developed lots and the construction of improvements thereon. Work also includes preparing, tailoring and coordinating all restrictive covenants relating to the development of multi-faceted developments, and managing and directing all DTPA, construction defect and other litigation.
- Invest in entities and coordinate and structure the formation, financing and operation of improvement, utility and other development districts.
- Acquire, develop, construct and dispose of numerous real estate projects, including existing projects and proposed sites involving apartments, warehouses, office buildings, regional mall shopping centers and single-family lots. Work on such projects includes reviews of and resolution of problems relating to tenant lists and rent tolls, leases, utility arrangements (including municipal utilities), ad valorem taxes (paid and unpaid), zoning ordinances, title commitments and policies, surveys, plats, easements and subdivision associations.
- Structure, form and document complex joint ventures relating to development projects including those projects with significant utility and improvement district involvement.
- Structure, negotiate, form and implement several sophisticated master partnerships and numerous subsidiary partnerships which own, manage and operate in excess of 23 million square feet of retail space contained within several projects located in numerous states throughout the Southwest and involving several future development sites. These transactions involved extensive due diligence reviews of real estate asset portfolios and appraisals and involved extensive documentation relating to coordination with and reimbursements from applicable municipal utility districts, road utility districts and levee improvement districts, refinancing and several future development sites.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, with honors, University of Missouri, 1976
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, St. Louis University, 1982
- Master of Finance Degree, St. Louis University, 1983
- State Bar of Texas, Admitted in 1983
- State Bar of Missouri, Admitted in 1982
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Home Builders Association of Greater Dallas
- The Real Estate Council
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Frequent speaker at and writer for International Council of Shopping Centers Annual U.S. Law
- Conferences and real estate and title industry meetings and conferences.
- The Catholic Foundation, Advisory Board Member
- Jesuit College Preparatory School, Development Fund, Committee Chair
Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization